Karaoke Class is our funnest and most accessible way for beginners to ease their way into solo singing and public performance. Class includes basic vocal techniques and warmups, proper mic training, fun on stage performance experience, and final mini concert for parents!
3 Reasons you DON'T need to take lessons this Summer:
Here at Sing Sing Sing we believe that learning to sing and dance or sing and play an instrument should not only be fun - but it should be EASY. This is why we are asking all of you singers to PLEASE STOP. Stop taking separate guitar lessons when you are an absolute beginner. Your private voice lessons are essential - especially over the summer - to get you ready for upcoming performances and auditions. But when it comes to learning to play the guitar you are better off taking a group class. Trust us -if you are an absolute beginner and you take private guitar lessons you are wasting money, sucking the fun out of your experience, and making it waaaaay harder than it needs to be. Let us explain . . .
You are wasting money.
Private lessons are more expensive because you are getting one on one attention. When it comes to voice lessons, private lessons are essential because each person is born with a unique instrument.An exercise that works for one voice may not work for another, ranges are different, and the student's age really affects the lesson flow.
Now lets look at guitar. In my 10+ years of teaching beginning guitar students I have found that just about every student wants to learn to play and sing songs. We print out chord charts, we learn to strum, then we sing and play. Over and over and over again. The same thing in every lesson. And honestly - to pay me to teach them that is wasting their money. Because they could learn the same exact thing in a class setting for less than half the price.
You sucking the fun out of the experience:
Imagine singing and playing your heart out with a group of 10 friends while jamming out on the guitar. Sounds fun, huh? Now imagine sitting in a small room with a single person shouting "and strum down down down down." Enough said.
Community is important. Taking guitar in a class setting will motivate you, inspire you, and keep you playing!
You are making it way harder than it needs to be:
What happens in a private lesson is a more specific and intense form of training for the guitar. Ask yourself this question: Do you really want that? If you are like 90% of my students in the past, the answer is no. For the other 10% the answer is yes only because they think they need guitar lessons to learn to play the guitar well. Truth is - you don't.When you are just getting started what you really need is group support, easy and accessible instruction, and a whole lot of FUN to keep you motivated. A private lesson at that point may actually cause you to get frustrated and quit.
When you are proficient at playing chords and singing songs you love and feel you want to delve deeper into guitar then you are ready to take private lessons. But first- a fun and easy guitar class is what you need.
Learn to sing and play the guitar this Summer in a fun, supportive, and EASY class that is designed just for people like you! you've been wanting to learn to play the guitar FOREVER - or maybe you've started but gotten discouraged and given up. Not this Summer!
Join us for Summer Songs - a 10 week session for ages 12+ that includes a weekly group voice class which includes the basics for all beginners, weekly group guitar class, two open mic experiences, and an end of the session Summer Jam celebration! Make friends, Make Music, Make good with your promise to yourself!
Class starts June 11th! Hurry - If you sign up before June 1st get Buy One Get One 50% off so you can bring a friend!